The first challenge in the C1 Speaking Club will start on April 10th. Here’s everything you need to know about it, and how you can take part.
I’m thrilled to announce the details of our first challenge, on the theme of every English learner’s favourite (or most hated) theme, idioms.
Challenges are great fun and a smart way to improve, so I’m really excited for our first one.
So, without further ado, here are the details:
- Start date: Monday 10th April
- Duration:5 days
- Format: Every day for 5 days you’ll receive 2 new “useful idioms”. Your task is to record yourself using each of the new idioms and to share your work with the community. I’ll kick of every day with my own sentences, so you always have an example to inspire you.
- Eligibility: An active membership to C1 Speaking Club is required.
If you have taken part in a challenge before, you will know how fun and powerful they can be.
Naturally, I’ll be there with you, and supporting you every day for 5 days in a row.
You should take part if:
- You want to build your vocabulary.
- You want to be accountable to others.
- You want to learn while having a lot of fun.
- You want to learn as part of an engaged community.
- You want to have a reason to spend time using English every day.
- You want to connect with others from different countries and cultures.
Here are some answers to some questions you may have:
1. Sounds great. How can I take part?
You can become a member here. Once you are a member, you get access to our private community where you’ll find all the details about the challenge.
2. Is there any extra cost to take part in the challenge?
No, it is included in C1 Speaking Club membership. Please note, a membership to C1 Speaking Club is required to be approved.
3. I’m shy – do I really need to share my answers?
I get it – people don’t generally like sharing their work, especially with strangers. But it can be incredibly motivational, and everyone will be going through the same process. Sharing, connecting and supporting each other is what makes our community different. It’s not completely ‘in public’ – we will use our member-only community forum, so only other members of the challenge will see it.
4. How much time will it take me?
You can spend as much or as little time as you like on it. At an absolute minimum it should take 5 minutes per day, but to get the most benefit from the challenge you should engage with other learners, so it might take 30 minutes per day. Like everything in life, the more you put in, the more you will get out.
5. OK, I’m ready. How do I register?
You can register in our private community – but you have to become a member first.
6. I have another question. How can I reach out to you?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll answer questions you might have.
That’s all. I’m really excited about this one, and I hope you will be too!
P.S. There will be more activities in the C1 Speaking Club, and I can’t think of a better way than joining the 5-day idiom challenge to be part of this exciting new community!